BDS (Liverpool) FDS RCS (Eng) MScD (Wales) MOrth (Edin)
Chris is a:
- Specialist Orthodontist Registered with the General Dental Council (GDC #64753)
- A Clinical Teaching Fellow at Manchester University Dental Hospital
- A Visiting Lecturer at UCLAN Post Graduate Dental School and The Institute of Post Graduate Dental Education at UCLAN
- A Fellow and Examiner of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- A Member of The Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- A Registered Invisalign Practitioner
- A Registered Incognito Practitioner
Chris is a member of:
- The British Orthodontic Society
- The American Association of Orthodontists
- The World Federation of Orthodontists
- The British Lingual Orthodontic Society
- The British Dental Association
Chris is a Clinical Teaching Fellow at the University of Manchester Dental Hospital, where he supervises the training of the future orthodontic specialists. He is also a registered orthodontic specialist with the General Dental Council with over fourteen years experience in orthodontics and twenty years of experience in the dental profession. In addition Chris is a visiting lecturer at UCLAN Post Graduate Dental School, and The Institute of Post Graduate Dental Education at UCLAN.
Qualifying in Dentistry at Liverpool University in 1989, he gained a fellowship in dental surgery from the royal college of surgeons of England in 1995, and after completing his orthodontic specialist training in Cardiff Dental Hospital, he was granted admission to the Orthodontic Specialist List in 1999. In 2000 he was awarded a Membership in Orthodontics from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and gained an MScD in Orthodontics from the University of Wales, Cardiff in 2001. Chris has also trained extensively abroad, including the Idea Institute in San Francisco and The Aarhus Dental School in Denmark. In addition he lectures at a national level and is a published author of journal articles.
Chris has worked as an orthodontist and dentist in the UK and overses, in university, hospital and specialist practice services. He has provided treatment in all aspects of orthodontics for adult and younger patients, including inter-disciplinary cases involving restorative dentistry and maxillo-facial surgery. Christ works closely with other specialist locally including; Rob Adams, Lawrence Aitken, Martin Ashley, Sanjeev Bhanderi and Phillip Greene.
Chris provides bespoke orthodontic therapy for patients from eight to over eighty years of age. Needless to say, the earlier treatment starts, the less likelihood that teeth may have to be extracted. Patients in their golden years can also benefit immensely from Chris’ skills. It’s never too late to re-establish a beautiful smile!
Chris is highly specialised in providing invisible solutions with Incognito Lingual and Invisalign systems.